Posted by: Blair Franklin on Thu Sep 26th 2013 12:19pm
I need 2 persons to assist with the Nanaimo tournament.
Posted by: Blair Franklin on Mon Sep 23rd 2013 1:20pm
Each team must have at least 1 saftey person. The safety person must have a criminal records checck submitted to NMHA, respect in sport (www.bchockey.net/RiskManagement/SpeakOut.aspx) and the safety course (www.bchockey.net/RiskManagement/HCSP.aspx).
Team Manager & Treasurer
Posted by: Blair Franklin on Mon Sep 23rd 2013 1:17pm
Each team must have a manager and treasurer.
The team manager must have Respect in Sport (www.bchockey.net/RiskManagement/SpeakOut.aspx), have a criminal records check submitted to the NMHA clubhouse and cannot be on bench at games or on ice at practice.
The team manager normally does the following:
- booking tournaments and hotels for tournaments
- usually the 2nd signatory on the bank account with the Treasurer
- wrap-up party at the end of the year and team trophies or medals (for example, ball hockey at Randerson school or go to the upstairs room at Boston Pizza) (requires Special Event Sanction Request Form - on hockeynanaimo.com)
- team socks
- team jackets or shirts (optional)
- team outings to Clippers games and the like (optional)
- laminated list of players, numbers, parents, email and phone - numbers (will be done by Catherine Franklin)
- laminated door signs with the team name (will be done by Blair Franklin)
- sponsors (optional)
- fundraising (optional)
- name bars (can't be done this year)
- practice jerseys (can't be done this year)
The treasurer has no course nor criminal records check requirement. The treasurer normally does the following:
- opening bank account (with the manager usually as the second signature)
- doing a budget of revenue and expenses to determine each person’s contribution
- collecting money
- completing the month report (on hockeynanaimo.com)
Posted by: Blair Franklin on Mon Sep 23rd 2013 1:05pm
Welcome to the website for the Nanaimo Peewee as of now unnamed team for 2013-14.
Posted by: Blair Franklin on Mon Mar 25th 2013 7:47pm
The team went 2 and 2 in the last tournament but put up another shut out. The team won all 3 of the Cookie shoot outs at the end of the round robin games. Congratulations to Brady, Nolan, Trevor & Coen for winning the Digger awards.